Thursday, October 21, 2010

www.creativewritingprompts.com

Let's see,

In first period I watch as a friend is brought down
In second period I learn to how to shade with dots
In third period I drown
In fourth period I want to scream a lot.

In fifth period I try to get ahead
In sixth period I'm the only one who works
In seventh period I'm ready for bed
In eighth period I usually get hurt.

It's usually the same
routine every day
I wish high school wasn't lame
wouldn't that be the day?

I wish someone told me
But would it have made a difference to know
that high school was not all it's cracked up to be
Instead I have homework, like a waterfall flows,
pouring out of my eyeballs and creating an inch of scorn on my bedroom floor every night when I arrive home then laying eggs all over the floor so that the load grows. *

This bucket of distaste
is what feeds me everyday
It is such a waste
to live for a GPA

I deserve a break
but here we go again
drinking our cups of restraint
and living for the beginning of the end.



---By the way, I hate poetry but occasionally it's fun to rhyme (it makes me feel like a kid again). Also, www.creativewritingprompts.com has some really fun ideas (some are used in this blog), so try it some time.!!!---

                                                                 ---Sara

*Yup, I know it doesn't rhyme!

1 comment:

  1. great idea, Sara - and awesome poem :)

    ((but don't fall asleep in my class! please!))

    ReplyDelete