Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another installment from Stephen King

"The wrist that he had broken when he leaped the railing of the stairway bolted to the Cheery Oil tank had not healed right, and that wrist was a grotesque lump wrapped in a dirty, unraveling Ace bandage. All the bones in the fingers of that hand had pulled up somehow, turning the hand into a Quasimodo claw. His left arm was a slowly healing mass of burn tissue from elbow to shoulder. It no longer smelled bad and suppurated, but the new flesh was hairless and pink, like the skin of a cheap doll." (Page 563, The Stand)

Every character created and introduced by Stephen King makes me second guess all my orignal assumptions. I think that maybe the characters are just gonna die or the normal will happen but then Mr. King switches things up on me. Occasionally he puts in a couple of creepers. Some are obvious creepers like Trashcan Man (dude mentioned above) and some are completly unobvious until the creepy moment. I'm really loving these books that have a lot of thought put into them.

I really want to say a whole lot more about this man but I don't want to give away any part of the book (for those of you that might actually read it). So yeah, he is creepy and I really want to know what will happen with him.

"...But it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed..."
- Paul Simon

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Steven king is a creeper,and writes weird things, but his literature is still desirable to read.

    ReplyDelete